ESL Pupils Committee Forum - pupilsforum-esl.org - of the European School of Luxembourg I
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relaunch of School Journal!

Go down

Relaunch of School Journal! Empty Relaunch of School Journal!

About three years ago, the School Journal was BANNED because Mr. Feix didn't like a caricature of him.
NOW, we have a new headmistress which gave us the green light for a relaunch!

•The journal is going to very likely be for free (financed by advertising of e.g. Auchan, Clubs, etc. inside)
•It should contribute to
o Information
o Communication
o Education
o Inspiration

The school journal is basically going to include...
- the "picture of the week"
- local (Luxembourg/European School) & global news
- presentation of /interviews with local students/teachers/school staff etc.
- Information about education (jobs, universities, techniques of learning, etc.)
- a "brainy" (riddles etc.) and fun pages (comics/caricatures, jokes, etc.)
- Announces (Lost & Found, Buy & Sell, Event calendar...)
- a "connect" page (mails from students etc.)

... and MORE! The exact content is OPEN TO DISCUSSION, every one with any idea is welcome! This is a new creation, we are free to do whatever we want ^^

So if you're good at writing, photography, graphical design/art, translation, organisation...
Or anything else that might contribute to a good journal, you're very welcome! cheers

Everyone who is interested, please contact the following mail address:
journal@pupilsforum-esl.org
OR contact the following mobile phone number:
691 43 52 45

Looking forward to hearing from you! Very Happy

Last edited by Marisa on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Marisa
School Member
School Member

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Relaunch of School Journal! :: Comments

Christos

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm by Christos

santa

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 am by Marion

cheers... I was thinking, it's just an idea, that maybe the "connect page" with the students mails could be a problem page. I mean that students can write to the school journal and just ask for help for anything. There will be letters chosen for the edition in which somebody will just answer and help the student.
It is just an idea Embarassed ...

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 pm by Marisa

Hey Marion,
in fact I like your idea a lot! Very Happy
I'll note it down and we'll discuss it at the meeting in january, how we could best realise your idea etc.
Keep telling me whenever you think of something for the journal! Your ideas are always welcome.
Thank You again & cya soon Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:37 pm by mich56a

I think we should have like an anonymous columnist pages. But of course it would have be sensible.

But won`t there be some problems with copyrights of comic strips, but if we asked the publishing companis, we would have to pay , probably a small sum.
A suggestion for comics could be Calvin&Hobbes, Garfield, Hagar, Dilbert for grown-ups like teachers. I think teachers should be allowed to write articles or something. But of course we should agree. We should have a leader( i.e. a news papers´ opinion).

I would like to help as a photographer or a columnist or reporter, We should also have interviews of random people, e.g people who work at the school. And maybe someone working in the ministry of education.

Remember we should always have consent of the people involved before we publish, and establish patent for our work, so we can avoid incidences like Mr. feix.

We should get advice from teachers like Weaver or Archer. But it should it want languages.

This is going to be great, this gives more powers than before, we can not be beaten , we are invincible.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:53 pm by Marisa

Hey Mich56,
Good ideas we will definitely need to discuss.

I like the idea of being in contact with the ministry of education. They'll be able to supply us with helpful information. In fact I was already in contact with one of them, Gerard Zens, for my journalism stage in summer.

The COMIC STRIPS though will be CREATED BY US, not only copied from the some famous Garfields etc. ;P This is why we need people who enjoy drawing etc.

Haha ok the "invincible" aspect of creating a school journal will probably not become reality, as we already saw with Mr. Feix who banned the journal 3 years ago... We'll have to always be a bit careful But definitely not TOO careful ;D

Today I'll talk to a few teachers and see if they're interested. You can do the same.

Cya =D

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm by Marion

Hey again! Razz

I have two new ideas Smile ... Well, my sis' and I had two ideas xD
The first one, we inspired ourselves from the "metro", the belgian newspaper in the railway stations. We were thinking about a page or half a page with only some announces from students. In the Metro it's like (it's in a station) : "I saw you between two trains and i thought you were so beautiful in your red jersey." or "if anyone have seen my heart, i've left it in the hands of that splendid young girl with the red crazy hat in the train going to Namur."... Well... I thought it was really romantic and funny (the announces I mean Wink).
The second one is for doing a special edition before Christmas, Halloween, Carnaval and the Valentine's day. Like for the edition of Christmas, we could tell the good tips to buy good and cheap presents and give some shops' name to help ^^. For the Valentine's day, a romantic edition Embarassed hihi!... And for Halloween and Carnaval's editions, we could do a page with some costumes (like we could ask to some friends to do the models Wink) and advices to be original Razz

What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:42 am by Marisa

Really Marion, your ideas sound like a lot of fun! Razz
I'm really looking forward to realise them Very Happy we'll discuss it with the others and see what they think XD

Oh and btw I talked to the German teacher Herr Münchow and he's very interested in supporting the journal. Those of you who don't know him, he's VERY relaxed, a bit crazy and truly unique. I guess he'll support us without wanting to supervise us. Which is just what we need ;D

It would be good though I believe if we could have an english/french teacher too.
Any suggestions? Mich56a, I think I like Mr. Archer, too... Or would he be too conservative? Or may be Mr. Davey? He's definitely not conservative... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 am by Marion

Hehe! Very Happy

Mmmh... for a french teacher, I know that Mme. Wolf is a very good one and surely not conservative Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:20 pm by Marion

By the way, sorry for the double post but... is the date for the relaunch of school journal's reunion set?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:04 pm by Marisa

You're right to ask about that!
But don't worry ;D Everyone will receive an e-mail very soon... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:08 pm by Marion

Okay, sorry that i didn't come today =/

But... will it be possible to have some sort of "résumé" of the meeting, please? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down