ESL Pupils Committee Forum - pupilsforum-esl.org - of the European School of Luxembourg I
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How was your 6th Year trip?

3 posters

Go down

How was your 6th Year trip? Empty How was your 6th Year trip?

Post by Marisa Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:08 am

What was GOOD Very Happy,
what
BAD Mad
about your trip?

What activities would you have
preferred to do?Basketball

Do you think
giving pupils more rights in the planning of the 6th Year trip
would be a good idea?
confused

Thanks in advance for your comments Wink

Marisa
School Member
School Member

Back to top Go down

How was your 6th Year trip? Empty Re: How was your 6th Year trip?

Post by Hannah Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Hey! I went to Crete (2) and it was great fun! However, I found it kind of odd how we stayed in low-budget hotels (not even) in a non-peak season, ate cheap food, and the ONLY actvity we did was walking, and one day we did a short session of rock climbing. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I just don't get where our €850 went.....? Some people rumoured that they put every students' money together and that money is put towards the more active and expensive trips (Pyrenees,Ireland). If thats the case, I think that's really unfair we're made to pay for other people's trips.
Hannah
Hannah
Vice-President
Vice-President

Back to top Go down

How was your 6th Year trip? Empty Hiking on the astronomy-trip

Post by Marisa Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:16 pm

I considered that possibility, too. Because as far as I know, everyone was told to pay 850€, no?
I don't think that works out scratch

We at least had very nice food - though it was rather belgian than spanish - and a nice hotel resort. Some cockroaches and ants may be but still a nice place to stay.

We walked incredibly much (partly we rather had to climb) and no one could remember that anyone had told us about this intensity of walking! (Imagine having to walk 18km through the desertlike area around a volcanoe - no shadow, a burning sun - afterwards everyone was sunburnt :embarassed: - and always the same view!! )
One hike was through an incredibly steep and nearly unwalkable valley; imagine walking down for 2 and a half hours, and then having to climb that thing up again!! affraid There was a beach and boats could stop there; why didn't they just organise a boat to fetch us? And then we could have sailed out to the sea for an hour...

Teneriffe is a great place for whale-watching (3rd best of the world), but we didn't do that. It also seems to be a good place for climbing, or mountainbiking, but no, we only walked and got some lessons about volcanoes and stars.

Teneriffe was supposed to be an astronomy trip, but it turned out to be a hiking trip. The telescopes really deceived us; the view they gave us was like having zoomed in by 3x optical zoom with a camera. So only white, tiny, dots (oh but can't you see the rings of saturn? no you idiot, i can only see a tiny red dot!) which probably were stars.
It would have been more interesting to visit a planetarium Like a Star @ heaven Oberservatoires we were told weren't open for tourists.

The night-life around our hotel was pretty much non-existent. May be only due to the finance crisis, but who cares. Of course it's safer being in a calmer area, but we could have had at least visited one nice city (e.g. Las Americas - beautiful beach, city and younger generation area) at night.

And we couldn't really see why we needed that guide confused He planned everything, but nobody liked his plans (walking is ok, but not at this extent...), and the teachers weren't allowed to intervene in his plans. He wasn't really worth the money - in my (our) opinion.

After all this rather negative stuff, I still have to say that Teneriffe was a great trip after all but that was definitely not due to the program. We had a fantastic group and great weather sunny And we learned something.
But I really hope the next group will have a better, more varied program.

If the planning of each 6th Year trip would be done a lot earlier, pupils could still have the possibility to interact with the teachers and have meetings to set the program together...

Marisa
School Member
School Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Christos Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:35 am

Pyrenees 2 here Wink

Amazing trip. Great chilled teachers and great weather. Plus the one and only...The Cadwalladers Family was there.

Ok so no..your teachers had 850xamount of pupils you had and they could spend all that on you..If they didn't you will be refunded!

I think the 6th year trips are what the school is doing the best here..Remind ourselves ..its supposed to create a team.. who didnt feel great at the end? and who doesnt feel he made friends in the trip?
Succesful!

I d love to do that again!
Christos
Christos
President
President

https://esl-pc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hannah Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm not saying they weren't good, they were great and I really enjoyed myself, but all I'm saying is that we aren't getting refunded, so I don't see why they bothered lying to us. I don't mind paying extra, but I'd prefer it if they just told us the truth, instead of saying "yeah yeah we'll refund you after the trip of course" and then find out that really, its the teachers who keep the money and lend it to other teachers who went into debt from their trips. I wouldn't mind if we were paying for someone's trip, at least someone was having a good time, but what I do mind is if the teachers just stick the extra hundred or so in their pockets and buy themselves a fancy wine or two with OUR robbed money.
Hannah
Hannah
Vice-President
Vice-President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down